Auditor / Senior Auditor, Internal Audit
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
EDC has an opportunity for one Auditor and one Senior Auditor to join our Internal Audit (IA) team to lead and participate in the audit projects mainly in Credit Risk, Treasury and Financing audits as part of our Annual Audit Plan. You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team of auditors who provide independent, objective assurance regarding the design and operation of EDC's internal controls, risk management and governance processes. Having a passion for customer service, you will promote a positive customer-focused culture within Internal Audit that seeks to understand EDC's business activities and make practical recommendations that mitigate risks. As an experienced auditor, you will guide Internal Audit's day to day operational activities and contribute to the on-going improvement of Internal Audit's methodologies and standards. Your keen analytical skills, sound judgment and audit experience will be valuable assets in carrying out audit assignments.
IA is offering an excellent career opportunity which will allow you to obtain a "big picture" view of EDC, while developing a marketable skill set that focuses on identifying and analyzing risks and controls, and evaluating corporate governance.
- Provides independent and objective assurance services to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Evaluates and improves internal controls, risk management, and governance processes in adherence to the Institute of Internal Auditors' (IIA) guidance and principals of professional internal auditing practice, as well as guidance from the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) and the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions;
- Performs regular risk assessments and develops an annual audit plan for approval by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Establishes audit frequencies, selects audit projects, determines scope of work, and applies the techniques required to accomplish audit objectives, including process mapping and identification of risks and controls;
- Reports on the results of audit plan projects;
- Maintains an appropriate follow-up process to ensure management action plans have been implemented to address findings from individual audit plan projects;
- Supports the annual quality assurance and improvement program (QAIP) in relation to audit activities.
- Conducts audits in accordance with best practice audit methodology and professional standards including planning, fieldwork and reporting;
- Leads / participates in audits for the Credit Risk processes, Treasury, Operations and other Control and Support Functions;
- Evaluates the quality of Credit Risk underwriting and Risk Rating assignment processes through detailed analysis of borrower's Financial Statements and compliance (KYC) related information;
- Assesses business risks and processes to facilitate developing, updating and executing related audit programs;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information, issues, points of interest and knowledge with audit management, colleagues, and internal and external business partners;
- Assists the Audit Manager both as part of specific audits, and, where required, assisting in the completion of the audit plans supporting Credit, Operational, Treasury and Liquidity risk audits;
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of audit methodologies, processes and services;
- Contributes to the comprehensive risk and control assessment and audit planning process;
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective client relationships throughout all phases of the audit;
- Communicates audit findings and recommendations to audit stakeholders up to the executive level through high impact verbal and written reporting;
- Proactively follows up with action plan owners to ensure audit recommendations are implemented on time and in a manner that addresses the related risk.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or in a related field
- Professional auditing designation (or in progress)
- Minimum 4 years' (Professional 3 - Auditor) or 7 years' (Professional 4 - Senior Auditor) experience in audit or related experience
- Advanced knowledge of internal audit methodologies, professional standards and practices and experience in credit risk, insurance, finance, operations, and compliance areas
- Direct experience in auditing credit risk areas and knowledge of credit risk processes, analytics and risk management practices in Financial Services and/or Insurance industry is preferred
- Ability to write clear, concise audit reports as well as internal and external communication.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Successful completion of one of the following designations: CPA, CFA, MBA CIA, and/or other relevant designations
Auditor: $62,000 - $92,000, plus performance -based incentive
Senior Auditor: $73,000 - $109,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: June 15, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on http://www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.