Associate HR Advisor
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
Our Employee Care Centre is currently looking for a reliable team player, with a client service focus, to provide HR support to EDC employees. The successful incumbent will be highly organized, able to multi-task and work independently. The Associate HR Advisor role involves dealing with HR inquiries, performing routine HR operational tasks and problem solving. Strong interpersonal skills and a great attention to detail will be essential for this position.
As a generalist or in a combination of disciplines, supports the business by designing, implementing and/or monitoring a variety of human resource strategies, policies, or programs including, but not limited to: workforce planning, employee relations, diversity, corporate culture, organizational design, talent management, performance management, development planning and/or succession planning;
- Ensures human resources programs are delivered in compliance with policies, guidelines, legislation and regulations;
- Responds to employee enquiries using an intake management system and provides support related to HR functional areas, such as leave, benefits and probation administration, performance management, and the Employee Care SharePoint site.
- Provides policy and program interpretation, guidance and advice on relatively straight forward HR related matters;
- Investigates and responds to standard and non-standard questions and consults with subject matter expert inside or outside HR as required on more complex issues;
- Conducts data analysis, produces reports and prepares presentations as required;
- Identifies gaps in information or documentation currently available and may coordinate small projects with moderate guidance to develop new or improved content.
- Screening Criteria
- CHRP/CHRL designation in progress
- Minimum 2 years' experience in human resources management, or related experience
- Basic knowledge of human resources management principles and practices
- Bilingual in English & French
$52,000 - $79,000, plus performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Primary Location: Canada-Ottawa
Job Type: Permanent