Associate Change Advisor, Strategic Change Services
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
EDC's Strategic Change Services team is looking to increase capacity and build strength to support EDC's corporate strategy and change agenda. Our service model fosters an enterprise approach for our organizational change management practice and builds change leadership as a corporate capability.
If you are interested in a joining a team of passionate and experienced professionals who are valued for their contributions to the achievement of EDC's highest priority programs, then we want you!
- Supports corporate strategy and transformation by developing, implementing and evaluating strategic change requirements;
- Is a member of the team responsible for leading the change process for key corporate priorities and major or complex change initiatives which impact the business model.
- Provides change management consulting advisory services;
- Consults with internal partners and clients at all levels on projects to assess the level and impact of change and define a process for managing it;
- Designs detailed plans for each change project to document process, sponsor/stakeholder roles, outputs, and target dates;
- Tracks progress and identifies critical path issues;
- Advises and provides follow-up guidance at group or individual level for managing the change process;
- Champions the use of the EDC Change Management Methodology;
- Builds relationships with other corporate support teams such as Communications, Organizational Development and Learning and Development to establish respective roles within change projects;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including making presentations;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent project management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Strong creativity and ability to work in an abstract or conceptual mode;
- Ability to quickly understand and gauge corporate climate and culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Communications preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in change management / communications / employee and/or organizational effectiveness / consulting – or – an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience in the areas of change management, communications, and organizational effectiveness
- Bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- $52,000 - $79,000, plus performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 18, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.