Associate, Strategic Alliances
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, a new Strategic Alliances team has been created to reach more Canadian companies through partners. This team's mandate is to identify and engage partners, and prioritize opportunities with selected partners that have access to a large population of Canadian companies that are in EDC's total addressable market to build awareness, generate referrals and / or distribute EDC's existing products and services.
As an Associate/Senior Associate within the Strategic Alliances team, you play a key role to drive EDC's growth with the development of a strategic portfolio of partnerships. Recognized for your abilities in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and project management. You will be a key player to help identify, prioritize and execute partnership opportunities, develop long-term and sustainable relationships.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Manage partner selection process by conducting industry research and analysis required to support the assessment of partnership opportunities
- Assist Team Leader and Strategic Alliances Managers/Directors with conducting due diligence, negotiation, and portfolio reporting processes
- Executes projects for the implementation of initiatives and make decisions impacting the quality of the technical execution of the project
- Makes proposals with respect to project plans and time lines, and helps identify required resources and internal stakeholders.
- Can act as the project leader on the implementation for certain initiatives and deliverables and provides regular progress reports to the senior individual assigning the project and alerts the individual to any issues on an as-needed basis.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders in a largely independent manner with limited supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Provides analytical support and assistance to the Strategic Alliances Managers/Directors in the process of scoping, assessing and developing their overall strategies; and prospect alignment, presentations, account planning and event scheduling
- Build artifacts to mature the partner management framework
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, marketing or project management
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both official languages (French and English)
- University degree in business, marketing, IT or related
- Strong understanding of EDC's business (e.g. LOBs and segments)
- Relevant experience in managing strategic alliances
- Relevant experience in finance and/or IT sector
- Customer (Exporter) focus with emphasis on digital journey and experience
- $62,000 - $92,000 plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.