Associate, Corporate Lending
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
EDC's Financing & Investments Group provides financing solutions in support of Canadian exports and foreign investments to:
- Canadian exporters and their foreign customers;
- Canadian investors and their foreign affiliates; and
- International companies with meaningful footprints in Canada
Within Financing & Investments, the Corporate Lending practice, is seeking financing professionals to support corporate credit analysis, structuring, documentation and transaction management. With the customer's need always in view and in close collaboration with EDC's Business Development, Legal Services, Risk Management and Corporate Responsibility Group, plus our external banking partners both domestically and internationally, the successful candidate will be relied upon to understand the customer's needs, structure a solution which addresses those needs, assess the credit risk and recommend risk mitigation strategies as appropriate to achieve the optimal balance between customer-centricity and EDC's business requirements.
- Supports senior staff working in collaboration with EDC's business development group, our customers, foreign buyers, financial institutions and other organizations to identify corporate financing opportunities;
- Conducts due diligence and assesses company credit, industry, country, CSR, and other applicable risks, supports the negotiation of mitigants and financial terms and conditions as required, and establishes or validates appropriate transaction pricing compliant with market window or consensus pricing guidelines as applicable;
- Reviews or develops financial models, including appropriate assumptions, drivers and methodology;
- Supports the credit recommendation process;
- Aids in drafting and/or review of credit documentation as required in collaboration with legal counsel.
- With oversight, works as part of a team on financing transactions and contributes to the management of a proportionate share of transactions/customer portfolios;
- Learns about financing issues and general lending/underwriting practices;
- Works closely with other team members and Legal Services to draft and/or review documents;
- Supports the development of pricing/term strategy reflective of risk and market conditions;
- Supports account management function in managing customer expectations at various stages of the process;
- Ensures discipline around data integrity.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance/Accounting, or in a related field
- Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience in financial services
- Effective communication, influencing and negotiation skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Comfortable working in or developing Excel based financial models
- Enrollment in or completion of a professional designation (CFA, CPA)
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $62,000 - $92,000 + performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.