Application Support Analyst
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Application Support Analyst primary responsibilities will be focused on supporting multiple applications and working closely with the Productivity Hub to provide business application support and resolve production issues. The incumbent will provide tier two application support to business end users and will analyze research, document and follow service calls through to resolution using incident and problem management processes. Timely and effective resolution to problems is required with maximum focus of efforts on improving client satisfaction.
The Application Support Analyst maintains a portfolio of applications and works with multiple Business Technology Solutions (BTS) teams on new functionality, enhancements, repairs and /or integration initiatives to ensure that application changes recognize business needs and support the application architecture direction. Application Support Analysts will contribute to projects as application subject matter experts, participate in testing and training, and become the functional expert for new applications once in production.
The Application Support Analyst is expected to communicate and team effectively with project delivery teams, The Productivity Hub and the business in the course of resolving issues and participating in projects.
- Provides technical support, documentation and productivity advice to the organization's internal users of computer applications, hardware and telecommunications services
- Answers questions regarding functional capabilities, outages, system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures, either within a call center or in person
- Collaborates with network services, systems architecture, documentation and/or application development in order to identify and resolve problems and/or restore service
- Maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems and expansion of the IT knowledge database
- Provides Tier 2 technical support by telephone, e-mail and in-person for applications, hardware, telecommunications equipment, and connectivity issues including remote access, following standard processes and guidelines
- Researches and thoroughly documents problems, solutions and/or workarounds
- Escalates tickets requiring technical development to Systems Analysts
- May assist with quality assurance and testing procedures
- Identifies process improvements and recommends process efficiency and effectiveness
- May participate as required in projects as required
- Computer Systems Technician diploma or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT application or telecommunications support
- Working knowledge of IT application or telecommunications support principles and practices
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development, and quality assurance testing methods
- Experience with change and release management processes
- Experience in troubleshooting applications, networks and database issues
- Experience in knowledge management processes
- Experience with an incident tracking tool
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- $52,000 - $79,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 25, 2017 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.