Analyst, Investments (24 months)
Export Development Canada (EDC) is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team and Job Overview
EDC is seeking a financial professional to be an important contributor for a two year contract assignment on the Investments Team. The candidate will be a recent graduate of an undergraduate program. They will be a key contributor in developing investment proposals and evaluating the progress of and outlook for existing portfolio companies, be able to develop mastery of a variety of technology and software platforms used to manage our business, provide support to deal teams and Investment Managers predominantly in an analytical and research capacity, and be responsible for following industry trends.
The position is located in Ottawa, and the individual will report to the Director – International Growth Capital.
- Identifies and monitors opportunities for private equity investments through direct investing, co-investing or investing across a combination of investment/asset class specializations;
- Assesses the needs of clients to determine value-added means of financing, directing and supporting their business plans;
- Works with business development and underwriting teams to cross-sell and deliver financial solutions to clients;
- Develops and maintains detailed financial models for direct investments;
- Ensures discipline around data integrity.
- With oversight, works as part of a team on financing transactions and contributes to the management of a proportionate share of transactions/customer portfolios;
- Supports account management function in managing customer expectations at various stages of the process;
- Ensures discipline around data integrity;
- Contributes, as part of the deal teams, to the evaluation of complex, highly structured or high risk financial transactions;
- Audits, develops and utilizes customized Excel financial models for valuation, risk assessment and cash flow profiling purposes;
- Contributes to various reporting requirements for the Investments Program;
- Researches and develops views on industry (including financial markets) and technology trends;
- Develops familiarity with term sheet provisions and exposed to the negotiation of term sheets and legal documentation.
- Recently completed or will be completing within the next ten months an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in financial services
- Demonstrated outstanding financial modeling skills
- International and/or commercial and investment banking experience
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
- $62,000 - $92,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 2, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript.
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.