EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our Global Risk management group to deliver on our mandate of creating trade opportunities for Canadian exporters and investors.
In the role of the Administrator for GRM, you will support a highly dynamic group that is responsible for project delivery and support by providing various administrative support activities. Reporting directly to the VP, ERM Implementation the Administrator provides support to the Implementation leadership team, as well as the overall project. The incumbent will use software applications such as Excel and Word to prepare correspondence and reports, as well as Outlook to arrange meetings and respond to internal and external e-mails.
You will coordinate expense claims, travel and training requests, in addition to managing input for all Leave requests for staff. The Administrator also orders and distributes office supplies for the team.
In addition, the successful candidate is energetic with a passion for accomplishment.
They have a results-oriented mindset and strong communication skills. The Administrator should see opportunities for process improvement and be proactive in making suggestions for greater effectiveness.
- Supports general business and project operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines in the administrative services function;
- Provides administrative support to executive and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization;
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry;
- Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail;
- Arranges business travel, coordinates meeting arrangements, and/or completes and tracks expenses;
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- Provides administrative services to teams including, but not limited to handling correspondence, coordinating agendas, tracking time and attendance, managing workflows, routing information, preparing documents, arranging logistics, processing inquiries, administering budgets;
- Coordinates and administers team activities and events: logistics, arranging relevant materials and technology, recording minutes and action items;
- Support multiple departments for new, special and ongoing project work;
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing;
- Provides support services to the Executive Assistant(s) as required;
- Periodically will assist with ongoing project work conducted by the team;
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes.
- Completion of secondary school diploma
- Minimum of 6 months to 2 years of experience in administrative/clerical field
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs)
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
- $45,000 - $67,000
- 18-month contract
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.