Administrator, Human Resources Group
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
The Human Resources (HR) Group is currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and seasoned administrative professional to fill the role of an Administrator. This role will appeal to a highly organized individual, with a strong service orientation, who wants to contribute to the success of numerous key initiatives with the EDC's HR Group.
The Administrator will report to the Vice President, Talent, Learning and Culture but will support the three VPs within HR: VP, Talent, Learning & Culture, VP, Advisory Services & Change Lead and VP, HR Programs. The Administrator is expected to contribute to the TLC Team's overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality and value-add services to our clients.
In addition, the Administrator is expected to actively contribute to further developing an environment of continuous improvement within the team.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success supporting an HR team, thrives under demanding circumstances, exercises innate discretion and is comfortable working in both of Canada's official languages.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines in an Administrative Services role
- Provides administrative support to the VPs and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry
- Receives, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail
- Arranges business travel, coordinates meeting arrangements, and tracks expenses
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided
- Provides administrative services including, but not limited to handling correspondences, coordinating agendas, managing workflows, routing information, preparing documents, arranging logistics, processing inquiries and administering budgets
- Manages the VPs' calendar by coordinating and arranging meetings, conferences, travel and business itineraries
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation, forecasting and accruing for corporate budgets, managing purchase orders and expense payments, the monthly reconciliation of expenses, and the preparation of various management reports
- Prepares the VP with the appropriate background information/documentation, preparing meeting packages and consulting with the appropriate people/business groups
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing
- Provides support services to the Senior VP's Executive Assistant as required
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Screening criteria
- College diploma in Business, Administration or other related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative field or HR related administrative experience, including calendar, email, budget management and information management with exceptional customer service and ability to quickly re-prioritize
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and other related programs) and ability to quickly learn new computer-based applications
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills in English
- Good written and spoken communication skills in French
- Experience managing customer relations
- Experience in business analytics and reporting
- Completion of HR certification program or HR courses
- Experience using PeopleSoft HR
Salary Range: $45,000 - $67,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Application deadline: April 5, 2019 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
- EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
- If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.