Administrator, Environmental & Corporate Responsibility
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
- The Environmental & Corporate Responsibility Group ("Team") is currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and seasoned administrative professional to fill the role of an Administrator. This role will appeal to a highly organized individual, with a strong service orientation, who wants to contribute to the success of numerous key initiatives within the Group.
- Reporting directly to the the Vice President – Environmental & Corporate Responsibility ("VP"), the Administrator is expected to contribute to the Team's overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality and value-add services to our clients.
- In addition, the Administrator is expected to actively contribute to further developing an environment of continuous improvement within the team.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated success supporting a team, thrives under demanding circumstances, exercises innate discretion and is comfortable working in both of Canada's official languages.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines in an Administrative Services role
- Provides administrative support to the VP and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry
- Receives, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail
- Arranges business travel, coordinates meeting arrangements, and tracks expenses
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided
- Provides administrative services including, but not limited to handling correspondences, coordinating agendas, tracking time and attendance, managing workflows, routing information, preparing documents, arranging logistics, processing inquiries and administering budgets for the Team as well as the VP
- Manages the VPs' calendar by coordinating and arranging meetings, conferences, travel and business itineraries
- Responsible for the preparation, forecasting and accruing for corporate budgets, managing purchase orders and expense payments, the monthly reconciliation of expenses, and the preparation of various management reports for the Team as well as the VP
- Prepares the VP with the appropriate background information/documentation, preparing meeting packages and consulting with the appropriate people/business groups
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing for the Team as well as the VP
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes for the Team as well as the VP
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative field, including calendar, email, budget management and information management with exceptional customer service
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint and other related programs) and ability to quickly learn new computer-based applications
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Experience managing customer relations
- Experience in business analytics and reporting
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to go through the application process on www.edc.ca/careers on or before March 16, 2018 p.m. EST.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise us if you require special accommodation for your interview.
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
An internal search will be done concurrently with this posting and qualified internal candidates will be given preference.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.