Administrator / Coordinator, Commercial Markets & Small Business - Calgary
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
EDC's Calgary Office is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and resourceful administrator who will be supporting a team of business development professionals. Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the Administrator / Coordinator will be responsible for work flow management and support, knowledge and information management, team administration as well as internal processes and quality assurance. The Administrator / Coordinator is expected to contribute to the Team's overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality service and value added to our customers.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines in the Administrative Services Function;
- Provides administrative support to Executive and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization;
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry;
- Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail;
- May arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses;
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- Manage and maintain the budget for the District Region;
- Manage the Team's workflow by monitoring and up-dating activity reports, routing information to the appropriate individuals, and conducting regular follow-up to ensure deadlines and commitments are met;
- Process documents in support of transactions, products, services, and business plans;
- Assist the Team in the execution of various projects by coordinating input and logistical requirements;
- Develop and coordinate various team reports (e.g. business volume by sector / market / product; premium activity; customer business growth; market penetration; customer retention; turnover rates; etc.);
- Participate in the planning process by collecting and inputting data into templates or other documents and ensure final copies are filed for easy access by all team members;
- Organize meetings by arranging logistical requirements, preparing and circulating the agenda, taking minutes, and conducting any follow-up on agreed-upon actions stemming from the meeting;
- Prepare various documents and presentations as applicable for the Team.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum three to five years' experience of office administration, project management, or related experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.