Accounts Receivable Specialist (18 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Specialist manages the lifecycle of accounts receivable in a multi products insurance portfolio. S/he will ensure admissibility of declaration amendments or overdue payments as well as allocation of payments against appropriate customers/product suite, investigating as required. The (A/R) Specialist takes action in accordance with the Corporate Accounts Receivable Policy in order to standardize and ensure that payments are applied in a timely manner and in order to mitigate collection of overdue amounts. The incumbent monitors and reports on overdue and collection efforts in order to ensure proper financial controls, identifies delinquent accounts and reduces the payment cycles. The incumbent is also responsible for following up on delinquencies and recommending appropriate actions as per Collections and Overdue guidelines. The (A/R) Specialist also performs A/R activities in an accurate and timely fashion including but not limited to providing A/R information to both external and internal stakeholders for the management of A/R and corporate reporting purposes. The A/R Specialist is responsible for the issuance of confirmation of coverage to clients upon receipt of payment, any billing activities as well as any recording and adjustment of declared volume. S/he will also perform G/L accounts and customer account reconciliation and process SOA credits, refunds and write-offs. The incumbent is also responsible for communicating directly with EDC's clients and provide explanations about processes or impacts due to solutions proposed. Although some decisions may be more difficult than others to deliver to the clients, it is the (A/R) Specialist's role to also offer a great customer experience at any point.
- Takes action in accordance with corporate strategies developed for risk mitigation and collection of overdue amounts;
- Provides accurate and timely data to external and internal stakeholders for management and corporate reporting purposes;
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes and reports accounts receivable transactions;
- Maintains and reconciles ledger accounts, financial statements and reports;
- Produces reports of accounts that are in arrears and analyses of bad debt and may prepare analyses and reconciliations;
- Responsible for customer billing including preparation, delivery, and responding to queries.
- Identifies banking solutions and recommends modifications to the internal payment infrastructure;
- Interprets standard loan documents to create loan structures in the operational system that reflect the particulars of loans;
- Analyses documentation for conformity to loan agreements for the purposes of admissibility of disbursement of funds;
- Invoices and collects loan repayments from customers in accordance with agreements;
- Responsible for the lifecycle of accounts receivable ensuring appropriate allocation of payments against customers and products or other verification and authorization as required;
- Monitors and reports on overdue accounts and collection efforts, performs reconciliations, makes journal entries and provides periodic and ad hoc reporting;
- Handles escalations of less-straightforward customer issues and inquiries.
- Completed an Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or in a related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in business administration and/or finance operations, or related experience
- Basic knowledge of banking, cash flow management and/or servicing loans
- Strong preference will be given to bilingual candidates (English and French)
- Professional Designation (e.g. CPA)
- Experience in Customer Service
- $52,000 - $79,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.