Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Payable
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) team is responsible for the efficient processing of a variety of payments to employees, suppliers and clients.
These processes are effected through the Peoplesoft Financial application that requires the A/P team to demonstrate the value of teamwork by working closely with other areas of the Finance group.
The A/P area is responsible for achieving results while ensuring adequacy of internal controls, adherence to corporate policy, as well as maintaining a consistently high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Prepares, records, verifies accounts payable transactions, pays vendor invoices for goods and services on a timely basis, and responds to vendor queries
- Maintains, analyzes and reconciles accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounts payable policies and procedures, and ensures external and internal controls and policies are adhered to
- Processes employee expense reimbursements, customer reimbursements and invoice payment requests
- Responsible for the processing and payment of large volume of external vendor invoices, employee reimbursements and customer payments according to Service Level timing
- Reviews and validates all incoming requests for payment and:
- â€‹ensures compliance with policy and delegated authority levels
- ensures appropriate, accurate and complete coding has been provided
- validates all supporting documentation
- Responsible for applying judgment and discretion as they ensure the validity and appropriateness of each payment they process
- Creates journal entries to record a wide range of transactions, reconciles a variety of bank and internal suspense accounts and
- prepares reconciliation documents for review and approval
- Handles and resolves client inquires/concerns in compliance with internal controls
- Oversees the corporate credit card program, both Purchasing Card and Travel Card, coaching users on proper use, and helping liaise between employee and US Bank when fraudulent card use is suspected or cards are at risk of suspension
- Performs tasks demonstrating attention to detail and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in financial services and/or accounting
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to work with various databases
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable
$45,000 - $67,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.