Account Manager, Commercial Markets and Small Business – Vancouver, B.C.
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the B.C. region based in Vancouver. Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager will be responsible for prospecting, growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of mid-market customers and prospects in the B.C. region.
- Plans and manages time effectively while prospecting, evaluating and qualifying potential customers, to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline;
- Promotes and sells a suite of products, services and/or solutions to current and new customers and closes new business development opportunities;
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients’ needs;
- Establishes a strong brand image of EDC by building and maintaining effective long-term relationships within a geographic territory and/or industry focus;
- Maintains a strong network of external business partners for referral and lead generation within the assigned territory.
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range of EDC products;
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs;
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develops territory strategies and account plans;
- Monitors the progression of pipeline for portfolio growth and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate;
- Provides excellent customer experience by taking on a proactive approach to client management;
- Observes and manages effective internal control process and procedures including data quality and integrity;
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market penetration mandate;
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies;
- Identifies market trend and intelligence observed in the territory for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies;
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of business development experience and commercial lending experience in international business and/or financial services
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales and/or account management
- An existing established network in the Vancouver market in support of EDC mandate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Business development experience in commercial banking
- Knowledge of the technology industry in B.C.
- Fundamental commercial credit experience
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- $74,200 - $111,400, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based in Vancouver. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent