Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business (Vancouver & Victoria)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the Vancouver office. Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small-medium size customers and prospects. This will be achieved by identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the territory through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers. Local banking relationships will be maintained in the context of Canadian financial intermediaries banking strategies, working closely with the Relationship Manager assigned for the territory.
- Responsible for networking with clients and prospects and maintaining regular contact;
- Develop strategies to retain current customers, identifying type of relationship e.g. expand, maintain, limit and potential risk of flight;
- Develop proposals and presentations to create and identify business opportunities with clients/prospects in assigned portfolio;
- Provide feedback and ideas for the development of new services/products customized to clients' needs by providing timely market intelligence to the underwriting community and COEs;
- Share information with sector BD and underwriter communities and the COEs to help them anticipate new needs/market trends and remain aware of client issues;
- Develop solutions for clients and raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the local market.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Level 1: 2+ years of demonstrated work experience within the financial services and commercial banking
- Level 2: 5+ years of demonstrated work experience within the financial services and commercial banking
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to develop and use distribution channels and networks
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Bilingual in both official languages(English & French)
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as medium and large Canadian exporters and investors, national and local industry/trade associations, local banks and brokers, and provincial trade departments and organizations
- CITP designation (stands for Certified International Trade Professional)
- Business Development, Level 1: $52,000 - $79,000 + performance-based incentive
- Business Development, Level 2: $73,000 - $109,000 + performance-based incentive
**Please note that we will consider candidates at the Business Development, level 1 and at the Business Development, level 2, depending on the incumbent's qualifications**
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 27, 2018 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.