Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business - Quebec City
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Position and Team Overview
The Commercial Markets and Small Business team is looking for an Account Manager for the Quebec City Office. Reporting to the Quebec City District Sales Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance and management of a portfolio of small and medium-sized business clients and prospects.
The incumbent will have proven business development and financial transaction skills with new clients.
In addition, the incumbent must promote cross-selling opportunities to existing clients and coordinate EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and level of service to clients. The incumbent must promote EDC's capabilities within the territory by maintaining regular contact with Canadian financial intermediaries and other business partners.
- Creates opportunities in Canada and abroad for small, medium and large businesses across a wide range of industries;
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits clients, qualified leads and potential buyers to fill out the pipeline;
- Attracts second-tier potential clients for domestic and international business development;
- Gathers and communicates market intelligence across sectors by interacting externally with buyers, banks, exporters and industry associations to create new opportunities and offer new products or services tailored to client needs;
- Promotes and sells a range of products, services and solutions to new and existing clients;
- Identifies, explores and leverages new opportunities as much as possible;
- Builds and maintains long-term, profitable relationships with clients in a geographic area and major industry associations in Canada and abroad.
- Identifies and evaluates potential clients and promotes the full range of products;
- Assesses needs, including export financing and risk management, and develops solutions to address them;
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts and develops territorial account strategies and plans;
- Monitors the evolution of leads and participates in facilitating transactions as required;
- Completes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the execution of the market coverage mandate;
- Develops strategies and plans covering the entire market of the designated territories, incorporating relevant sector and country strategies;
- Identifies market trends and information observed in the territory in order to develop overall regional or sector-based strategies.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, finance, commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years business development experience in international trade and/or financial services or relevant experience
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and exemplary sales and/or account management strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Experience in managing sales or accounts at a commercial financial institution/insurance
- Knowledge of lending and credit practices in the financial industry
- Knowledge of international business practices and global trade
- MBA, CPA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
$73,000 to $109,000, plus incentive pay
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: June 15, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.