Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business - Montréal
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the Montréal office, that will be mobile. Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for prospecting, growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio small and medium size (SMEs) customers and prospects (up to $50M) in the Montréal region.
This will be achieved by responding to client needs by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and acquiring new customers, while coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customers. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the territory through regular contacts and presentations with financial intermediaries and other business partners.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors;
- Locates, evaluates and recruits potential customers, buyers and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline;
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs;
- Promotes and sells a portfolio of products, services and/or solutions to current and new end customers;
- Identifies, develops and typically closes new business development opportunities;
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned customers and partners within a geographic or industry focus;
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations as may be appropriate.
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products;
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs;
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develops territory strategies and account plans;
- Monitors the progression of pipeline and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate;
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate;
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies;
- Identifies market trend and intelligence observed in the territory for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies;
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC;
- Identifies initiatives for senior account managers and advisors in the process of developing overall regional or sectorial strategies.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in business development and commercial lending experience in international business and/or financial services
- Knowledge of best practices in sales and/or account management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- An existing established network in the Montréal east region
- Experience in lending to the technology or textile industry
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
Account Manager, level 2: $73,000 - $109,000, plus performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 13, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.