Account Manager - Kitchener
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for Account Managers in our Kitchener location.
The successful candidates will be responsible for prospecting, growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small/medium-sized (SME) customers and prospects.
This will be achieved by identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients, by cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the area through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers, while leveraging your network for referrals.
Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors;
- Plans and manages time effectively while locating, evaluating and recruiting potential customers, and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline;
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs;
- Promotes and sells a suite of products, services and/or solutions to current and new customers and closes new business development opportunities;
- Identifies and develops in-depth understanding of prospects;
- Influences client and prospect decisions by building and maintaining effective long-term relationships within a geographic and/or industry focus;
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada as may be appropriate.
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products;
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs;
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develops territory strategies and account plans;
- Monitors the progression of pipeline and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate;
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate;
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies;
- Identifies market trend and intelligence observed in the territory for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies;
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC;
- Identifies initiatives for senior account managers and advisors in the process of developing overall regional or sectorial strategies.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of business development experience and commercial lending experience in international business and/or financial services
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales and/or account management
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Business development experience in commercial banking
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
$73,000 – $109,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 21, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.