Account Coordinator, Commercial Markets & Small Business
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Group is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, adaptable and resourceful Account Coordinator who will be supporting a team of sales and business development professionals. Reporting to the National Sales Operations Manager based in Ottawa, the Account Coordinator will be responsible for new business and renewal application submission support, client and partner management as well as client and prospect research. The team is comprised of Account Coordinators located with the district sales teams across Canada with their team leader located in Ottawa.
The Account Coordinator is expected to contribute to both the national and district teams' overall success by delivering quality services and adopting/improving national standards. The Account Coordinator should feel at ease in working in a matrix leadership structure and in a virtual team.
- Supports sales operations by providing various support activities;
- Maintains and enforces data quality;
- Uses business software applications to perform data entry based on governance standards;
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of work flows to which the support is being provided;
- May provide support to the district office's administrative functions.
- Works with and supports the Account Managers by qualifying and advancing transaction applications and by coordinating with external and internal partners (i.e. banks, underwriting);
- Researches company information for prospecting and Know Your Customer purposes;
- Coordinates with the customer/bank to receive all required documentation for the renewal process of EDC's working capital solutions;
- Reviews required documents for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting opportunities to underwriting;
- Inputs data into the Customer Relationship Management system to enable quality reporting and decision making.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate
- Minimum 2 years of experience in business support
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer-based applications (client management systems, etc.)
- Understanding of financial and accounting terms
- Prior experience in sales support
- Prior experience working in a financial institution or corporate entity
- Undergraduate degree
- Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Halifax or Montreal area
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.