Account Coordinator, Broker Channel Team
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Broker Channel Team is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, adaptable and resourceful Account Coordinator who will be supporting a team of Partner Account Managers working with commercial insurance brokers. Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, Broker Channel, the Account Coordinator will be responsible for sales, business transactions and broker relationship management support, research, business reporting as well as some general office administration. The Account Coordinator is expected to contribute to the team’s overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of partnership experience and business proposition of highest level to brokers and to actively contribute to further developing an environment of operational excellence within the team.
- Supports channel sales operations by providing various system support activities as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines in the Administrative Services Function
- Provides administrative support such as arranging business travel, tracking attendance and coordinating meeting arrangements
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry
- Maintains and administers data quality
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided
- Manages team’s inbound requests, triaging and resolving general inquiries
- Provides transaction support by managing sales pipeline and contact data in multiple software applications
- Solves problems and initiates improvements to team standards and processes
- Liaises with various internal teams to increase collaboration and share best practices
- Conducts research for Partner Account Managers on brokerage firms, clients and market trends
- Supports Partner Account Managers with planning, preparation, delivery and post activities relating to transactions, sales and business development, broker onboarding and training as well as market representations
- Maintains the governance standards and manages the team’s internal and external web sites
- Provides business and administrative support to the larger Partner Channel & Business Development Operations Group
Completion of secondary school
Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative field with exceptional customer service
Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer-based applications (client management systems, etc)
Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related relevant discipline
Experience in managing customer relations
Experience in business analytics and reporting
Prior experience working in a commercial insurance brokerage firm or insurance company
$45,000 - $67,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 24, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.