Manager, Supplier Management and Analytics
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 25,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
The Manager, Supplier Management and Analytics, plays an integral role in the Sourcing and Supplier Management team which integrates the disciplines of Sourcing, Procurement, and Vendor Management.
The Manager sets direction and leads a team of professionals that support all lines of business in achieving corporate outcomes including third-party risk management and meeting business needs through sourcing and vendor management best practices.
The Supplier Management and Analytics team is responsible for developing and implementing vendor management policies and procedures and providing guidance on related best practices. Additionally, they support the management of EDC’s relationship with outsourcing vendors and ensure the vendor’s performance meets EDC’s contractual requirements. They prepare business cases and requisitions for the acquisition of hardware, software, maintenance, and support agreements, negotiate favorable contract terms and discounts with vendors, and advise internal clients on sourcing strategies and contractual rights and obligations. Finally, they are responsible for developing and implementing enterprise management reporting on spend, compliance, third-party risk, supplier diversity, and vendor performance management.
Leads the Supplier Management and Analytics team, including:
- Taking accountability for team performance and providing technical guidance as needed
- Adapting the team’s plans and priorities as needed to meet operational and transformational needs
- Inspiring team members to seek out continuous learning opportunities, to grow and develop towards their career goals
- Managing the performance and career development of the team to ensure the required capacity and capability to meet organizational needs while supporting work-life balance thereby enabling wellness
- Develops a network of internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and drive forward Supplier Management and Analytics transformation objectives
- Develops and implements strategies for cost reduction, vendor sourcing, supplier consolidation, quality improvements and process efficiencies
- Develops and implements vendor management policies and procedures (including vendor performance and third-party risk management) and provides guidance to EDC management on policy implementation
- Provides expert advice to EDC management relating to sourcing strategies, recommending short- and long-term opportunities and ensuring the corporation’s needs are met with the appropriate balance of opportunity and accountability
- Develops and implements enterprise management reporting on spend, compliance, third-party risk, supplier diversity, and vendor performance management
- Ensures that internal client requirements are accurately translated into statements of work or other deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to build a stakeholder network and stakeholder engagement, delivering outcomes across various stakeholder groups in a collaborative way, leveraging influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships internally and externally for EDC
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve technical and operational problems, understanding and recognizing broader impacts and how own area integrates with others, to achieve the team’s objectives and deliver outcomes in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, working on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, and pace demand appropriately
- Knowledge and understanding of sourcing, procurement, and vendor management best practices
- Demonstrated ability to create forecasts and models to support budget decisions
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or in a related field (or equivalent education/ experience)
- 5+ years of experience with vendor management including negotiating favorable contract terms and discounts
- Experience working with business clients to assess requirements and define sourcing strategies
- Experience building a stakeholder network and stakeholder engagement and delivering across various stakeholder groups in a collaborative way, leveraging influencing skills
- Experience managing a team and adapting plans and priorities to meet operational needs while also defining and delivering on a functional transformation agenda
- Strong planning and organizational skills (project management experience is an asset)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Government procurement experience
- Third Party Risk Management experience
- $87,300 - $131,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
Please note that EDC will be following a mandatory vaccination policy.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline on www.edc.ca/careers : Jan 21, 2022, 11:59:00 PM EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation. Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.