Program Coordinator, Future Cities Canada
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is looking for a Program Coordinator to contribute to our new Smart Cities Program.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of core administrative, communications and logistical duties in support of a portfolio of city-building projects that advance our vision of flourishing cities – cities that are equitable, regenerative and , low-carbon, and prosperous. The Coordinator thrives in a fast-moving environment and provides accurate and timely support to a professional team. The Coordinator is a collaborator and communicator who sees how small details shape the big picture.
- Support team with program functions such as coordinating stakeholders
- Support program design ideation and implementation
- Track and share regular progress updates on project and program deliverables and outcomes
- Coordinate internal and external meetings
- Take and transcribe meeting minutes and send follow up briefs and next steps
- Facilitate couriering, mailing and expenses
- Track budget expenditures
- Develop, send and manage special event invitations in Outlook, using mail merge
- Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization
- Provide executive support to senior leaders and project managers
Event planning support
- Coordinate with internal events team
- Provide troubleshooting support during events
- Support event attendees as required
- Support agenda and program design
- Facilitate workshop sessions
- Copy-edit documents and reports
- Write blog posts and other external-facing documents
- Develop website content
- Support simple document design
- Support implementation of communications strategies
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, and learn.
- Strategic thinking/vision. Assess opportunities and threats, options and actions based on comprehensive analysis of current and future trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of EG. See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Supervised by: Program Manager
- Education: post-secondary education in arts, humanities, education, social sciences, communications, journalism or related discipline
- Experience: previous administrative and communications experience
- French- speaking is an asset
- Location: Ottawa
- Office Environment
Terms of contract: Full Time, 15 month contract
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Program Coordinator, FCC” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.