Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
The Evergreen Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of coordination and administrative duties, in support to the Executive Director, Smart Cities and all other team members. This position will also support the day to day operations and assist as needed with special projects.
- Project coordination for assigned projects, including invoicing, task tracking and project plan updates, etc.
- Support team with program-related administrative duties including record-keeping, expense reporting, note-taking, scheduling appointments and booking meetings, etc.
- Act as program support on assigned Evergreen events
- Liaise with the events team to organize special events/workshops/meetings
- Act as primary point of contact for internal and external project stakeholders, including volunteers, as necessary, for project coordination
- Track direct costs associated with project budgets
- To work as part of an integrated and collaborative program team
- Supervision of interns and volunteer leaders as required
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations and receive positive feedback from internal and external customers.
- Supervised by: Executive Director, Smart Cities
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent professional experience)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability and education
- Regular office hours (generally 9a.m. – 5p.m., weekdays)
- Requires some evening/weekend work
- Location: Ottawa, ON
Term: Full Time, 15 Month Contract
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.