Essentient Association Management is seeking a smart and talented individual to join its team of association and event experts.
Essentient Association Management & Events (Essentient A.M.C. Inc.) was launched in January 2005 to assist volunteer directed associations in meeting their objectives by providing strategic leadership, administrative support and freeing up associations’ otherwise valuable resources to concentrate on tasks fundamental to their organization’s mission.
Based in Burlington, Ontario, Essentient is a full service AMC and event company that provides strategic and operational support to not-for-profit enterprises regionally, provincially and nationally. As a founding member of the AMC Institute Canadian Chapter, Essentient is a leader in the AMC space.
Essentient staff work in a bright, modern office, close to the QEW and many amenities. The open concept office space promotes collaboration and communication. Essentient’s core values are:
- Results driven;
- Continuous improvement;
- Team work;
As Account Coordinator you will work with the Essentient team to fulfill responsibilities with our association clients.
Within the Scope of Services defined for each client, the Account Coordinator provides services to support client associations in the areas of:
Leadership (Governance, Board and Committee Support)
- Contribute to the formulation of client policies, programs and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of board decisions.
- Take the initiative to help clients implement strategies and tactics and achieve their goals.
- Assist in the management of projects to ensure targets, deadlines and financial goals are met.
- Work with staff as appropriate on execution of responsibilities.
- Provide committee support.
- Take a proactive role in providing leadership support and actively participate in clients' meetings.
- Take minutes at Board meetings.
- Working with our Event Planner, help to plan and manage logistics of some meetings and events. This may include RFPs, venue selection, contract negotiations, food and beverage, A/V, planning and marketing timelines, working with committee on program/speakers and coordination of marketing materials and communications.
- Assist with the development and management of event budgets.
- Work with staff to insure all meeting details are successfully handled.
- Work with other staff on online meeting registration.
- Travel onsite to events as needed to assist with registration.
- Assist in the development of strategies and tactics to sustain and grow membership.
- Work with staff in developing and disseminating membership surveys as requested by client.
- Implement membership campaigns as requested by client.
- Balance and allocate resources to meet client and Essentient Association Management objectives.
- Maintain effective working relationships with officers, members, client staff, vendors and other parties associated with meeting the clients’ needs.
- Understand, anticipate, and interpret the client’s needs, goals and plans.
- Attend client meetings and functions, plus internal meetings as required; observe and report in both directions to ensure clarity and understanding is achieved and all client business activities function smoothly.
- Orchestrate the cross-functional business flow integrating Essentient’s administrative, finance and communications staff with the client’s team.
- Effectively manage files and materials, personal time and productivity.
- Effectively use Essentient’s technical resources and available client resources to gather required information or communicate internally and externally.
- Respond to and follow up internal and external enquiries using appropriate and timely methods.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Travel as required to clients’ board and other meetings which may include overnights and occasional night/weekend work.
- University degree or college diploma in general arts or business.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new applications. (Essentient currently works in a PC environment and utilizes the most up to date programs.)
- Ability to communicate in both official languages, while not mandatory, will be an advantage.
- A very positive, professional and flexible demeanor is required.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate the needs of the clients; to learn quickly, organize details with minimal supervision; and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills.
- Fanatical attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
Other Important Attributes
- Critical thinking
- Strong work ethic
- High energy
- Problem solving abilities
- Willingness to learn
- Results oriented
- Desire to contribute to organization’s overall success
- We will only accept applications from qualified/experienced individuals.
- This is not a virtual position. To qualify you must be able to work out of the Essentient office.
Please send your resume to email@example.com