Building Maintenance Technician - London
Enterprise Holdings is seeking a responsible, dedicated person to join our team as a part-time Building Maintenance Technician. This position pays $21.00 / hour and is located at 845 BRADLEY AVE UNIT 1 LONDON, ON N6E 3Z6.
- Employee discount
- Retirement savings plan
- Training and development
Enterprise Holdings operates the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands and has frequently been named one of the top places to work. Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in North America.
The Building Maintenance Technician will work with the Property Development & Facilities Department to maintain and enhance the appearance and efficiency of our locations through regular repairs, preventative maintenance, cleaning, and assisting with branch renovations. This position will provide customer service and support to our employees and vendors alike. It may require work in grounds-keeping, interior/ exterior maintenance/ upkeep items, including but not limited to carpentry, dry wall repairs, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, IT (telecommunications, data and phone wiring), signage and lighting, snow and ice removal, repairs to fence, gate and doors, safe/key box repairs, installation and maintenance of vehicle cleaning equipment, or other maintenance tasks as assigned.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and has solid work ethic, effective communication skills, ability to work both independently and as a team, and enjoy working with hands-on projects. The pay for this position is $21 / hr based on a 30-35 hour work week.
The Building Maintenance Technician will be responsible for a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services including but not limited to:
- Timely completion of work orders generated by call-in requests or preventive maintenance scheduled
- Accurate completion of a daily work schedule provided by management
- General maintenance and repair work including electrical, mechanical, telecommunications, IT support (computers/printers, and network), signage and lighting, ceiling tiles, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, flooring installation, grounds keeping, snow and ice removal as requested
- General furniture installs and repairs
- Door and Lock installs and repairs (Deadbolts, levers, combination locks, hinges, sweeps, etcs.)
- Moving items as needed (i.e. furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc.)
- Delivery of office and building supplies to the correct department
- Utilize Coupa and other company approved systems to order supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleaning/refreshing offices not assigned to cleaning crew
- Uphold a professional appearance & work well in a team environment
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Requires ability to perform manual labor, such as, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements and basic knowledge of Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and Safety Data Sheets
- Small appliance and equipment installation (pressure washers, vacuums, fridge, etc)
- Work is performed with exposure to all types of weather and temperatures
- Moderate to heavy physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 50 pounds
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
- Equipment used daily includes, but is not limited to, a large variety of vehicles, cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, and copier equipment, as well as construction & maintenance related tools such as drills, wrenches, saws, string trimmers & snow blowers
- Ability to thoroughly review information for accuracy and consistency with strong attention to detail
- Ability to accomplish tasks according to the direction and instructions provided
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and has solid work ethic, effective communication skills, ability to work both independently and as a team, and enjoy working with hands-on projects. The pay for this position is $21 / hr based on a 30-35 hour work week
- Must have had a previous position in:
- Hands on general building maintenance
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- IT, Phone and Data Cable installation a plus
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have an intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have a valid G or G2 driver's license (or equivalent) with no more than two moving violations and/or at fault accidents on driving record in the past three years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) within the past 5 years.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel, crouch, lift, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to travel and do occasional overnights