Automotive Maintenance Technician - Full-Time
Enterprise Holdings, operating Enterprise, National and Alamo Rent-A-Car, have an immediate opportunity at the Halifax International Airport Service Facility. The Automotive Maintenance Technician performs, and is not limited to; minor automotive service/repairs, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service and other duties, as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager, in accordance with company policy and procedures. This position of routine requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. The Automotive Maintenance Technician performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our quality standards.
Interested candidates must be willing to work full-time with a flexible schedule. This position is Full-Time and will pay $19.00 / hour
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Retirement savings plan
- Extended Health Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Training and development
Location: 109 Sky Blvd, Enfield NS B0N 1Y0
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new and buyback vehicles according to procedures as required.
- Will require working outdoors on some occasions
- Doing physical inventory counts on tires
- Help in shipping and receiving of tires to and from other locations
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Precisely, neatly, and accurately complete all forms and documents required.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues.
- Positively represent the company to all vendors and the general public.
- Ensure the security of company assets.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work environment. Immediately report any unsafe or hazardous conditions to the supervisor or manager.
- Regularly lifting items up to 20 Kg
- Perform related duties as required
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Knowledge of automobile and light truck parts service and repair procedures.
- Requires ability to perform manual labor (i.e., bending, twisting, kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, walking, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to lift 20 kilograms.
- Must have a valid Nova-Scotia driver's license with no more than 2 infractions in the past 3 years.
- Must be proficient in English, both written and verbal comprehension.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require any work authorization or sponsorship now or in the future.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Must be willing to work full-time hours (flexible schedule, may include some evenings and weekends)