Virtual Project Delivery (VPD) Coordinator - (BIM)
The Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station project is being built on the Lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the hydroelectric generating station including a 7-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of Construction is expected to begin this summer (2014) and complete in early 2020.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for a Virtual Project Deliver (VPD) Coordinator (BIM) who will work at our site office near Gillam, Manitoba and live on the associated construction.
In the position of Virtual Project Deliver (VPD) Coordinator (BIM), we would ask you to do the following:
With the assistance, guidance and oversight of the Supervisor this position is responsible to work in the implementation of BIM process on the project which include:
- Translate survey data to 2D detail drawings
- Input survey data into the 3D project model
- Work with the field superintendents to track and report on machine control output
- Produce work plans, layouts and detail drawings based on notes, verbal instructions, sketches, drawings, and engineering specifications
- Determine the best combination of all the preliminary information and contributing data to develop the final design
- Verify completed work; check dimensions, materials to be used, processing information, etc.
- Coordinate with other internal departments as required
- Assure that any changes are documented and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures and in a timely manner
- Follow company procedures, work instructions and guidelines in the design, layout, and documentation
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- 2 year college diploma from a recognized architectural, engineering or construction management program
- 1-2 years of experience as a CAD Technologist or Civil Drafter
- 1-2 years of experience in construction with 3D Modeling
- 1-2 years of experience on a construction project
- Previous survey experience would be an asset
- Excellent drafting skills using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Knowledge in Bentley Navigator and Autodesk Navisworks is an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
The successful applicant must have the ability to work with a variety of groups including engineers, surveyors, estimators, schedulers and project managers. Applicants should be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, computer literacy, and use of coordinate geometry.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.