Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Specialist
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employer Award (2016)
You as a Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Specialist:
- Develop and prepare 3D Models and information from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Operate VDC Software and Workstations while completing documentation packages and visual supports
- Facilitate with the start-up and implementation of VDC process on a project level with the assistance, guidance and oversight of the Corporate BIM development manager
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Construction Managers to develop a project specific process for utilizing or creating 3D information for the purpose of estimating, logistics, planning, scheduling, coordination, field layout and/or facilitates management
- Create project specific protocols regarding communication and data exchange, nomenclature, format, 3D workspace orientation to ensure interoperability as required
- Facilitate consultants and trades through multiple project phases with virtual design and construction process
- Assist in the creation of project-specific contract language in tender packages for 3D submission processes and 3D as-builts for facilities management
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and detect clashes
- Read and interpret blueprints
Is this the right role for you?
- You must have a University Degree or College Diploma in a related field with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a VDC related role
- You have extensive knowledge of construction and building operations, as well of a thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards, and their impact on project activities
- Advanced knowledge of BIM/VDC Software, including; REVIT, ArchiCAD, Bentley, NavisWorks, Digital Project, ProjectWise, VICO
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure and tight deadlines, and have attention to detail
- CISD Reliability / Secret clearance or the ability to obtain clearance is required
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com (or Share on LinkedIn Facebook )