Virtual Design and Construction/ BIM Coordinator -Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In the position of a VDC Coordinator- Civil Division, you will be responsible for:
- Interacting with engineers and designers to quickly and accurately create drawings and 3D models during design process using CAD and or Revit software.
- Creating 3D models of temporary structures and elements which are missing and necessary for visualization and design review purpose.
- Coordinating with Project Managers and Construction Managers to develop a project specific process for utilizing or creating 3D information for the purpose of estimating, logistics, planning, scheduling, coordination, field layout and/or facilitates management.
- Assists with the specification and evaluation of VDC/BIM requirements for subcontractors engaged on VDC/BIM enabled projects. Develop and manage BIM execution plans with project managers.
Is this the right role for you?
- Civil Technologist/Technician diploma or degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus extensive experience/knowledge of Design, Construction & Building Operations.
- Exposure to 3D laser scans/point cloud models.
- Must have : Autodesk Civil 3D, NavisWorks, Autodesk AEC Collection, Bentley Inroads Suite
- Assets: Assemble, CostX, Synchro, SketchUp
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.