This job is no longer available.
TransED LRT VDC Coordinator
In the position of a BIM Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Facilitate with the start up and implementation of BIM process on a project level with the assistance, guidance and oversight of the Corporate BIM development manager.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Construction Managers to develop a project specific process for utilizing or creating 3D information for the purpose of estimating, logistics, planning, scheduling, coordination, field layout and/or facilitates management.
- Create project specific protocols regarding communication and data exchange, nomenclature, format, 3D workspace orientation to ensure interoperability as required.
- Facilitate consultant and trades through multiple project phases with virtual design and construction process.
- Assist in the creation of project specific contract language for tender packages for 3D submission process and 3D asbuilts for facilities management.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Educational and Industry experience requirements include; Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus extensive experience/knowledge of Design, Construction & Building Operations.
- Proficiency with computers required, specifically with BIM software including; REVIT, ArchiCAD, Bentley, Civil 3D, NavisWorks, Digitial Project, ProjectWise, Vico, etc
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.