Tower Crane Mechanic
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Tower Crane Mechanic/Technician will be:
- Removing and replacing electric swing, hoist, luffing motors and gear boxes
- Tower crane mechanical and electrical system troubleshooting and repair
- General inspection and maintenance including mechanical & structural repair
- Responsible for making decisions and working independently when necessary
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
Is this the right role for you?
- You have experience Erecting Cranes and hold a valid rigging certification
- Have a valid Driver’s License and mechanic license
- Previous experience with Terex Peiner and Comedil cranes an asset
- Be comfortable working both indoors and outdoors in shop and jobsite conditions.
- Have the ability to travel to different work sites
- Good manual dexterity will the ability to safely lift up to 25 kilograms
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.