Structural Field Engineer
Picture the Possibilities as a Structural Field Engineer
The Keeyask Generating Station is a hydroelectric project for the lower Nelson River in northern Manitoba. BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the generating station including a seven-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures. Construction began in summer of 2014, and the project completion by early 2020.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for an Structural Field Engineer. This position will be located near Gillam, Manitoba and living on the associated construction camp.
In the position of a Structural Field Engineer, we would ask you to do the following:
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors
- Report accurate quantities for labour cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the project
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction
- Interface with all on-site departments as required to resolve problems and ensure quality construction, to support overall project schedule.
- Must have experience with heavy civil earthwork, project controls, estimating, cost engineering, scheduling and construction management
- Work in conjunction with a Field Superintendent(s) to ensure assigned Field Work Tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner that meets contract requirements
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You must have structural construction experience or previous experience in Mining.
- Knowledge of dewatering, drill/shoot and/or rock bolting is an advantage for earthworks positions
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team