What do you enjoy about Toronto? We love that we have had the opportunity to build some innovative and awe inspiring buildings like the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Rogers Centre in a world class city. But we are not done yet. Not even close. We have some exciting new projects to break ground soon and we need talented and entrepreneurial individuals to join our team.
At all levels of our organization we promote an entrepreneurial way of thinking. We want everyone to think creatively, to innovate, and to bring forward their ideas. To challenge convention, invent, develop, optimize, and refuse to slow down, as the rest of the industry tries to keep pace.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employer Award (2016)
But what separates us from our competitors?
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us from our competitors, and will continue to be the driving force of our growth for years to come. EllisDon exists to empower driven minds. We believe that by providing freedom and empowering one another, we will invariably, out-perform, out-deliver and be at the forefront of our industry. We give one another the freedom and authority to lead and we are fast, fluid, and flexible because the world demands it and, more importantly, because we demand it of ourselves.
In the position of a Proposal Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Be accountable for all aspects of proposal management for EllisDon proposal and pre-qualification submissions. This will involve working with Project Directors, Technical Leads and Subject Matter Experts to ensure that proposal process, design, content and relationships are effectively coordinated on assigned pursuits.
- Develop, monitor and enforce effective deliverables matrices and bid schedules to ensure that proposals are thoroughly managed, reviewed, produced and delivered on time.
- Lead status and review meetings to ensure the pursuit team is informed about the latest proposal requirements and on schedule with their assigned contributions.
- Proofread proposal content to ensure continuity, accuracy and compliance with legal, technical and marketing specifications. Copy-edit proposal content for format, grammar, style, punctuation, spelling and consistency.
- Manage the design and presentation of proposal content and packaging to ensure visual clarity and consistency with brand standards. This will involve managing all aesthetic elements including the creation and formatting of binder package artwork, response templates, organization charts, graphics and final document layout.
- Manage document control and final production for all proposal response requirements.
- Work with the Corporate Proposal Department to implement initiatives that add value and consistency to proposal systems and corporate identity.
Required Educational Background and Experience:
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have two to five years of professional work experience managing and developing proposals or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience. Experience with Public-Private Partnership pursuits would be an asset.
- You have Marketing or Communications Degree/Diploma, or an equivalent combination of technical training and/or construction experience.
- You have strong process skills involving the efficient scheduling, coordination and execution of complex projects under challenging timelines.
- You have strong writing and proofreading skills. You pay particular attention to content with regards to copy writing, editing, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- You have a strong design sensibility and pay particular attention to the visual clarity and consistency of information.
- You are flexible and open to changing priorities and multi-tasking simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- You are well-versed with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) and Google Apps would be an asset.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume in your application.
How to apply:
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.