At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy creating and compiling compelling project proposals and helping the company win projects. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and proudly think, "I supported that coming together."
In the position of a Proposal Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Be accountable for all aspects of proposal management for EllisDon proposal and pre-qualification submissions. This will involve working with Technical Leads / Subject Matter Experts to ensure that proposal process, design, content and relationships are effectively coordinated on assigned pursuits.
- Develop, monitor and enforce effective bid schedules to ensure that proposals are thoroughly managed and delivered on time.
- Proofread to ensure continuity and compliance with legal, technical and marketing specifications. Copy edit for format, grammar, style, punctuation, spelling and consistency.
- Design, and produce covers, document layouts, organization charts, and presentations for submissions.
- Work with the Corporate Proposal Department to develop strategies and implement initiatives that ensure consistency in proposal resources and corporate identity standards.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have two to five years of professional work experience managing and developing proposals or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience. Experience with Public-Private Partnership pursuits would be an asset.
- You have a Marketing, Communications or Engineering Degree/Diploma, or an equivalent combination of technical training and construction experience.
- You have superior writing skills including copy writing, editing, grammar, style, spelling, punctuation, and "eagle eye" proofreading skills.
- You are flexible and open to changing priorities and multi-tasking simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- You are well-versed with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), Googleapps would be an asset.
Application Requirments: Please submit a cover letter and resume in your application.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.