Project Engineer - Looby
Location: Dublin, Ontario
Looby Construction Limited has been a leader in heavy civil construction in Ontario since 1904. Looby Construction specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of bridges, culverts and dams. At Looby Construction Limited, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and Looby Construction Limited) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come to site every day knowing that you are a key part of building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being part of a team that allows you to see the results of your efforts as the building progresses. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your Project Manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Project Engineer - Looby, we would ask you to do the following:
- Work alongside the Project Manager and Superintendent in project planning, inspections, layout, and other field work;
- Work alongside and regularly communicate with owners, contract administrators, contractors and engineers;
- Prepare and issue temporary access and structure design;
- Provide sign-off of QVE inspections;
- Review, interpret and Update construction schedules and projections;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, create and issue of RFI's, process notices of change, design checks; and
- Conduct quality control activities, site layout, inspection programs and updating of construction progress records.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a P.Eng designation and are registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- MTO experience is preferred
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling and project management software; and
- You work positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
- Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.