PME Inc. is based in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. The PME Group provides civil site work and common construction services to the oil and gas industry in Western Canada. The key bases of work have most recently been to the oil refineries, oil sands development and oil and gas pipeline sectors in the greater Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan and Fort McMurray areas.
At PME Group, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and PME Group) further.
In the position of a Project Coordinator/Estimator, we would ask you to do the following;
- Complete Quantity Take-offs and Quantity Comparison Reviews (Agtek, Planswift, Civil 3D)
- Attend site tours
- Coordinate pre-construction planning workshops and meetings
- Prepare subcontractor and vendor RFQ's and obtain price proposals
- Estimating software input
- Develop and analyze cost saving measures for tenders
- Set up and maintenance of the project administration
- Assistance in costing
- Quality Control
- Technical Reviews, Constructability and Conflicts
- Safety and Loss Control Program
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position;
- Have a safety conscious attitude and be able to work with others in a team
- Must have experience with Water/Sewer and Commercial Construction
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Project-goal oriented.
- Proficient in problem solving.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.