Project Controls Coordinator - Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values
empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, planners, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Project Control Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Control and monitor project total expenditure; verify and check equipment & material, supplier invoices , vendors and subcontractors, and timesheets for labour to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for the project which include variation, progress monitoring (rate Evaluation), and preparation of client cost reports, etc.Utilize productive reports and creation of dashboard reports
- Report when contracts have reached flag limits and when budgeted costs have reached flag limits. Communicate progress and costs to complete with the Project team; report any issues/risks, and communicate to team.
- Responsible for cost analysis (actual vs budget), and man-hour productivity (earned vs burned) reporting. Analyze change management documents to govern project budget and objective variances
- Contractors progress monitoring and reporting. Coordinate with field staff daily to ensure data input and data compilation is completed for daily reporting deliverables. Assess and document trends and risks of the project as related to the budget
Is this the right role for you?
- You have 4 years of University in Engineering
- Experience in high valued, multi-discipline heavy civil EPCM environment projects from inception to close out
- Competent in project cost control fundamentals (labour, materials, equipment, and third party services).
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and receivable processes
- Knowledge of quantity tracing and standard systems of measurement. Ability to verify progress measurements
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.