Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Project Accountant:
- Read and understand project related contracts and subcontractor documentation to ensure project set up procedures are aligned with contract terms and conditions
- Collect, reconcile, seek approval and process all project related subcontractor payments, general expenditures, internal hourly payroll costing allocations and all other financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms
- Assemble client billing packages in accordance with approval procedures and processes to ensure client is in receipt of billings on a timely basis and payments are received as per contract terms and conditions
- Provide internal distribution of financial information to evaluate profitability and performance compared to the established forecast & budget
- Administer all approved change orders and maintain accurate records in tracking contemplated change notices, change directives and requests for information
Is this the right role for you?
- You have post-secondary education in Business Administration/Commerce along with one to three years of relevant accounting experience in a construction environment or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as a keen willingness to work independently and on-site at project locations
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.