Power Engineer - Facilities Management
Thinking about a change?
Located at the Penticton Hospital and reporting to the Chief Engineer of PRH FM, this position operates and maintains the heating, steam & cooling systems as well as all other related facility infrastructure of the hospital in compliance with applicable codes, regulations and corporate policy. This position will be working 12 hour shift rotations and is part of a team that provides 24/7/365 coverage to ensure uninterrupted ability of the facility to function at full capacity.
You as a Power Engineer will:
- Operate, monitor, and perform preventative and demand maintenance on all HVAC, steam, hot water, chilled water, and refrigeration systems.
- Work independently and have sound judgement during stressful times as position will be only representative of PRH FM during after-hours and will be first responder to any trouble calls including Fire Alarms.
- Perform maintenance, repair & replacement to various equipment found in an Acute Care Hospital environment, utilize CMMS system to record service & equipment information.
- Supervise maintenance workers and other designated staff or contractors by directing, scheduling and coordinating work assignments related to maintenance, repairs and project work.
- Utilizing various systems including Building Automation monitor equipment & facility infrastructure, recommend maintenance, repairs or replacements as required.
- Prioritize & respond to service and emergency calls from Helpdesk & BAS for a variety of building systems such as medical air, vacuum and gases; reset systems, assesses and perform required repairs or call in appropriate resource.
Is this the right role for you?
- 4+ years recent related experience including experience in building automation and certificate of competency as 4thClass Power Engineer recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
- Ability and experience reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Ability and experience operating related equipment and physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.