Operations &Maintenance (O&M) Bid/Operations Coordinator
At all levels of our organization we promote an entrepreneurial way of thinking. We want everyone to think creatively, to innovate, and to bring forward their ideas. To challenge convention, invent, develop, optimize, and refuse to slow down, as the rest of the industry tries to keep pace.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for (2016);
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employers awards (2016)
But what separates us from our competitors?
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us, and will continue to be the driving force of our growth for years to come. EllisDon exists to empower driven minds. We believe that by providing freedom and empowering one another, we will invariably out-perform, out-deliver and be at the forefront of our industry. We give one another the freedom and authority to lead and we are fast, fluid, and flexible because the world demands it and, more importantly, because we demand it of ourselves.
Never settling for the status quo or doing anything just because 'that's the way it's always been done' is a large part of the entrepreneurial spirit that sets EllisDon apart from our competitors. It is our people and our unique culture that continues to support this as they chose to grow internally and take on new challenges and opportunities. Over the last 65 years, we've grown from being a general contractor to a multi-faceted company that can deliver any aspect of a project, and in particular in regard to this role, EllisDon Facilities Services (EDFS) aspires to be a major contributor and thought leader in infrastructure services contracting. We take care of what we build.
In the position of an O&M Bid/Operations Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Work in conjunction with the Facilities Services Bid and Operations Team; coordinate with team members and various stakeholders in the planning and bidding of Request for Qualifications (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Operations and Maintenance of Civil Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects.
- Help develop bid submissions including narratives, project references and key individual resumes for PPP project bids. This includes planning, structuring and technical writing of answers to proposal questions; research of current projects in operations and liaising with key individuals to develop resumes for submission.
- Assist bid team in development of financial models used to bid RFPs, this includes developing lifecycle cost models, labour analysis and estimating of facilities yearly operations and maintenance costs.
- Provide support to operations team with projects currently in the Facilities Services portfolio. This entails assisting with creation of schedules for Sub-trades for Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work; manage and respond to RFIs/Variations/Incident Reports/Invoices; maintain current contracts and, initiate and develop contracts including estimation of coast and tracking of financial expenditures.
- Assist with development of tools to be utilized by bid team. Tools include development of benchmark operations data, development of bid submission databases and financial models.
- Participate and contribute to bid planning and/or operational meetings, develop and distribute meeting minutes and follow on action items and deliverables.
- Assist Facilities Services team as required in various other adhoc projects for project reviews, bids, life-cycle analysis, risk management, consulting, asset and BIM population, etc.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have an Engineering, Project or Facility Management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training with a minimum of three (3) years facilities management and/or rail transit experience.
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office with knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of Design, Construction and Operations processes, along with knowledge of systems maintenance planning and life-cycling.
- You have an understanding of technical and legal specifications, drawings and mechanical, electrical and architectural systems.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com. Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.