Microservices Software Developer
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Software Developer will:
- Design and build functional microservices with API driven architecture
- Work with domain experts to define the bounded contexts of each domain in the business, and consolidate the APIs with Domain Driven Design (i.e. DDD) approach
- Implement microservices with modern frameworks like Spring-boot, NodeJS etc
- Build microservices with Test Driven Development (i.e., TDD) approach, and ensure unit test, integration test, as well as end-2-end test, are automated
- Deploy and monitor the microservices in a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on AWS
- Work with DevOps team to create and refine the CICD pipeline
- Build microservices with security
- Collaborate with product owners and scrum master to prioritize value delivery in an agile environment
- Collaborate with team(s) to define standards, patterns and best practices to ensure quality and velocity
- "You Build It, You Run It" -- Build microservices with sufficient operational friendliness, like logging, monitoring, metrics collection, etc circuit breaking etc.
- Work with existing monolithic code to support new UI/UX layer applications (i.e. mobile, and web etc.)
Is this the right role for you?
- Development Experience with Spring boot & Spring cloud
- Experience in working on cloud native solutions with a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on a public cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins etc.)
- Previous development experience in implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. ElasticSearch, Cassandra etc.) as well as caching technologies such as Memcached or Redis.
- Experience with application servers (e.g. JBoss) and web servers such as Tomcat or Jetty
- Strong knowledge in microservices security with OAuth2 and JWT
- Previous experience with DDD/Event Sourcing/CQRS will be a strong asset
- Knowledge of OpenAPI and API Management tools (Akana, APIGEE) will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- A creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com