Mechanical Coordinator - OLRT
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
To assist the Mechanical Coordinator in the work on site to ensure the compliance of mechanical installations with the drawings and specifications. The role will be focused on the building mechanical installations of all above/below ground stations for the Ottawa LRT, Confederation Line.
In the position of Mechanical Coordinator - OLRT, we would ask you to do the following:
- Assist with assessing levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained to perform the work
- Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, quality and safety requirements are being followed
- Advise Mechanical Coordinator and Systems Manager of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date installation progress and schedules, submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Work with the onsite contractors and consultants in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the project
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
Familiar with the review/analysis of design, electrical/mechanical and power distribution drawings, including, civil, utility, etc. Has the ability to identify errors, omissions and conflicts in applicable drawings.
Be able to organize, direct and assess subcontractors/vendor performance in a non-adversarial manner.
Safety Standards and Accident Prevention:
Possess knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration construction standards including material handling, storage, use and disposal, tool and power usage, and excavation; knowledge of proper activities and equipment intended to prevent accidents.
Be able to organize, direct and assess subcontractor and 'own forces' work quality and provide a working process for identifying and insuring correction of any non-conformance items.
- Have a mechanical related degree/diploma in mechanical engineering (New Grad) knowledge of building mechanical and technical training.
- Have in working knowledge of building mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software.
- Ability to correctly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple Project simultaneously.
This position will visit construction sites
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.