Junior Health and Safety Coordinator
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as a Junior Health & Safety Coordinator will:
- Safety orientation, job site safety and environmental inspections and accident/injury response and reporting.
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution.
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them and you have the ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations
- Assist, as needed, with implementation and ongoing development of the Site Specific Safe Work Plan
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in managing health and safety on a construction site
- College degree or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is an asset
- You hold a minimum of OFA L2 certificate, Construction Safety Officer ticket & are working towards, National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.