Junior Estimator - Civil Division (Looby Construction)
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
Looby Construction is a part of EllisDon Corporation and has successfully completed over 1000 heavy civil projects throughout Ontario in the first 100 years of existence and has a reputation for quality work, technical expertise and an excellent safety record.
You as a Junior Estimator - Civil Division will be responsible for
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per manhour and equipment
- Review drawings and tender documents to understand scope of work and submission requirements
- Obtain scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and supplier and assist with prequalification submissions, RFQ’s and RFI’s and assist in closing bids
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates
Is this the right role for you?
- 3-5+ years of experience in estimating large Civil/Infrastructure projects,
- Thorough knowledge of construction methodology including formwork with ability to interpret construction drawings and contract documents
- Experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Cost Consulting, or direct field experience in construction of civil works, concrete structures, water and sewage plants, industrial and commercial facilities is an asset
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted. Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.