Infrastructure Support Analyst
At all levels of our organization we promote an entrepreneurial way of thinking. We want everyone to think creatively, to innovate, and to bring forward their ideas. To challenge convention, invent, develop, optimize, and refuse to slow down, as the rest of the industry tries to keep pace.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employers awards (2016)
Picture the Possibilities as an Infrastructure Support Analyst
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of allowing our company to operate smoothly. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being the go to person for software, hardware and network issues. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I supported that coming together."
In the position of an Infrastructure Support Analyst, we would ask you to do the following:
- Provide 2nd level support for all hardware, software, and network problems reported, documenting problems and solutions as required. Assist in 1st level support when required. Liaise with and participate in solving 3rd level complex or unsolved problems.
- Adhere to and champion the ITIL based principles established for problem change and incident management. Effectively utilize the system management tools available to support the principles.
- Solid understanding of modern server and IP networking infrastructure, configuration, security, and monitoring.
- Manages, supports and ensures operating viability of LAN and WAN both wired and wireless for all hours of operation and reports any abnormalities. Ensure the 24/?7 availability and performance of the servers and network that support our systems, including some "on-call" responsibilities.
- Ensures software & hardware installs, re-installs, upgrades, moves, changes and relocations are completed efficiently and as required.
- Assist on projects or special initiatives as assigned.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field and a minimum 4 years hands-on experience supporting Enterprise Firewalls & Windows systems, including troubleshooting advanced issues.
- Microsoft Certifications in Microsoft Windows Server Architecture (Windows Server ?2008+) and Solid understanding of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Excellent Inter-personal and communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Focused on top notch delivery of customer service.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.