Human Resources/Operations Coordinator
For over 30 years, EllisDon Ottawa has the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include Heritage Restoration; new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, Renovations and Building Upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
Picture the Possibilities
In the position of Human Resources/Operations Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Providing direct administrative support to the Human Resources Manager including scheduling, correspondence, planning and coordinating meetings, phone support
- Preparation of employee offer letters, confirmation of employment letters, orientation and training documentation, ensuring all employees related documentation is professional, accurate and prepared as per the requirements
- Assisting with New Hire Orientations and Quarterly President's Webcast
- Maintain up-to-date HR files, personnel, recruitment, and monthly and weekly statistical summaries and reports for management
- Updating HRIS by keeping data accurate and current within the system including adding new hire, promotion and transfers information and updating the Organization Structure
- Assisting with recruitment activities including job postings, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks as required
- Assisting with the organization of training and area activities including preparing meeting invitations, room set-up, coordinating food, etc.
- Assisting with area initiatives such as Area Newsletter, Area Google Community, etc.
- Providing direct administrative support to the Operations Manager including scheduling, correspondence, planning and coordinating meetings
- Perform additional assignments or projects per Human Resources Manager's direction
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a Human Resources degree or diploma and minimum 2-4 years of HR experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Pro-active with solid prioritization and organization skills
- Experience with handling confidential and sensitive information with proven ability to make decisions based on sound judgment
- You have strong computer skills - excellent Excel skills and a working knowledge of Human Resource databases including HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems and recruitment websites
- You have the ability to deal effectively with others in difficult situations and support the Human Resources team and Managers
- Experience with conducting presentations
- Exposure to government clearances
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.