Health & Safety Coordinator - Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Health and Safety Coordinator - Civil Division will be responsible for :
- Safety orientation, job site inspections and accident/injury reports.
- Organize and conduct training programs including but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid.
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution.
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them and you have the ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in managing health and safety within heavy civil construction ie roadways, tunnels, LRT, bridges, Cofferdams, Culverts etc.
- You are working towards, or are already a certified member under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations with experience working on a large scale construction site. and National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certificate.College degree or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or a related topic would be a benefit Experience with COR process certification would be an advantage
- You are Willing to travel and has a valid drivers licence
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.