Full Stack Software Developer
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Full-stack Software Developer will:
- Work with designers to iteratively enhance the user experience
- Build API gateway to interact with microservices/APIs
- Build front-end application with Test Driven Development (i.e., TDD) approach, and ensure unit test, integration test, as well as end-2-end test, are automated
- Deploy and monitor the microservices in a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on AWS
- Work with DevOps team to create and refine the CICD pipeline
- Collaborate with UX designers, product owners and scrum masters to prioritize value delivery in an agile environment
- Collaborate with team(s) to define standards, patterns and best practices to ensure quality and velocity
Is this the right role for you?
- Experience with tools for client-side application development like Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, TDD, BDD etc.
- Deep understanding of HTML5
- Comfortable using modern approaches to styling (CSS, SCSS, LESS) that minimize repeat code
- Experience in working on cloud-native solutions with a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on a public cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Git, Webpack/Gulp/Grunt, Jenkins etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. ElasticSearch, Cassandra etc.) as well as caching technologies such as Memcached or Redis.
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com