Field Engineer - Civil
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Field Engineer:
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently
- Report accurate quantifies for labour cost reports, accurately monitor material ledgers to determine if quantities remaining in the estimate are sufficient to complete the project in the field
- Coordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required by the contract
- Monitor installation of rebar for conformance to structural drawings
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors,
- Assist Project Superintendent by enforcing quality control, expediting subcontractors
- Continually find solutions to conflicts in structural/architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications by conferring with the Consultants. Co-ordinate these solutions with the various sub-trades
Is this the right role for you?
- A two year education beyond high school or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
- Minimum two years of construction engineering and layout experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community
- Experience with CAD is required
- CISD Reliability / Secret Clearance OR the ability to obtain clearance is required
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.