Estimator - Future Opportunities (CISD Clearance Required)
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as an Estimator will:
- Assemble accurate, timely and well organized estimates, including hard-bid, construction management, and design-build;
- Oversee pre-qualification submissions, RFQ’s and RFI’s;
- Review drawings and tender documents to understand scope of work and submission requirements;
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones;
- Distribute sub-trade quotes to personnel, flagging areas of concern and coordinating with management to accommodate risk within the bid price;
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents;
- Monitor the success of a project, noting potential challenges and building relationships with sub-trades for future opportunities;
- Confidently lead a team through the completion of a bid process under pressure
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and experience in ICI estimating or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience;
- You have an advanced knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts as well as conceptual estimating and unit costs, blueprint reading and takeoff quantity surveying;
- You have the ability to work effectively and accurately in time sensitive situations, and build strong relationships with sub-trades;
- You have experience in distributing sub-trade quotes, noting areas of concern and coordinating with management to accommodate risk within the bid price.
- Opportunities require CISD Reliability and Secret Clearances
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.